The team Vela Bikes, LLC is launching the Vela – a beautiful, electric single-speed cruiser with a Li-ion 370Wh removable battery, GPS tracking, anti-theft alarm system, and a control panel with a USB port, battery life LED indicator, and charging port. The battery has a range of at least 20 miles and can be fully charged in 90 minutes. Users can track Vela via GPS on their Google Maps application – compatible with iOS and Android. An internal 100dB motion sensitive, remote controlled sound alarm activates if anyone tries to steal the user’s Vela. The Pure Pedal Assist System allows a clean look – there are no throttles or switches. In fact, all of the electronics – including the wires, connectors, circuits, and the battery – are inside the Chromoly Steel classic frame.
“We created Vela with the urban commuter in mind – it’s a practical, budget conscious, and elegant solution to high gas prices, elevated pollu- tion, and traffic jams.“ Victor Hugo, CEO
* Inside-frame Li-ion 370W removable battery with at least 20 miles (32km) of range;
* Anti-theft alarm system with remote control;
* Internal GPS tracking via smartphone;
* High sensitive Pure Pedal Assist System (PPAS). No throttles, switches, settings or wires;
* Main panel has a USB port, battery life LED indicator, and charging port;
* The high torque model of the electric hub geared motor has 350W, available with 250W for countries with this power limit, and speeds up to 20mph.
Vela is made with all wires, connectors, and circuits inside the Chromoly Steel frame to make the 42lb, urban cruiser impermeable. The bike will be available in Red Wine, Vanilla, Blue, and Brazilian Green. All grips and details are made with brown leather. Aluminum handlebars direct most of the user’s weight to the wide leather saddle with chrome springs, allowing users to maintain an upright back position for a surprisingly smooth ride. Vela comes with aluminum 700c single- speed wheelset and 35mm tires.
Check out their campaign page for more information.